This week at the Boyle County Public Library
The Boyle County Public Library offers many fun, educational events throughout the year. Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a.m. Mondays, Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays, Coding Classes 4 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• Holiday Closure: The library will be closed on Sunday for Easter.
Superhero Clues: Beginning Monday, the Children’s Library will offer this program for ages 5-13. Participants may pick up a clue sheet at the children’s desk and try to solve the clues and find the villains located around the library. Sleuths who turn in their completed clue sheet will earn a Superhero Light Ring. This program will run through Friday.
• French Café: 5 p.m. Monday. People of all ages can gather together in a relaxed atmosphere to practice speaking French in casual conversation. This event is great for those who are fluent speakers as well as for those who are just learning the language. The French Café will be held in the Mahan Gallery.
• Now Playing Night: 4 p.m. Thursday. A fun afternoon where tweens can hang out playing board games and watching a movie. This month will feature an animated film from 2017 about a 12-year old boy who is accidentally transported to the colorful Land of the Dead (Rated PG). Popcorn and drinks will be provided. For ages 9-13.
• Spring Film Series: Variety Showcase (Week 3: 7 p.m. Thursday.) The Friends of the Library continue with their annual series. Films will be shown on Thursday evenings in the Community Room through the end of April. The post-film discussion will be led by Charles Vahlkamp. Popcorn will be available and there is no charge for admission. In this week’s film from 1932, an ambitious gangster in Chicago climbs the ladder of success in the mob, but his weaknesses lead to his downfall.
• Kid’s Homeschool Book Club: 2 p.m. Friday. Led by Children’s Librarian Libby McWhorter, this book club is designed for children ages 5-8 and features a book discussion and trivia activities. This month, participants are reading The Secret Soldier: The Story of Deborah Sampson by Ann McGovern. Snacks will be served. Register for this club in the Children’s Library.
• LEGO Club: 4 p.m. Friday. Held in the Storytime Room, the finished LEGO creations will be placed on display in the Children’s Library.
• Genealogy Craft —Totes Tartan: 2 p.m. April 7. A genealogy-focused makerspace where participants can design and create their own tartan. Family tartans can be used or new tartan designs can be made. Call the library to register.
For more information about this or any other events, call (859) 238-7323 or visit the website at www.BoylePubLib.org. Some activities require registration for participation.
ARTS COMMISSION News release What do the Louvre and Boyle County’s own Stuart Powell Field have in common? Visitors from... read more