This Week at the Boyle County Public Library, May 05
Published 6:19 am Saturday, May 5, 2018
The Boyle County Public Library offers many fun, educational events throughout the year. Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a,m Mondays, Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays Coding Classes 4 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• VolunTween — Spring Cleaning: 4-7 p.m. Monday. The library’s youth department will host a volunteer activity for tweens (ages 9-13) to help library staff prepare the Children’s Library for summer reading. Volunteers may sign up for a work shift to help out with program preparation, tidying up shelves, cleaning books, and more. Certificates for volunteer hours will be provided. Those interested in participating should call or stop by the Children’s Library to reserve a work shift.
• French Café: 5 p.m. Monday. People of all ages can gather together in a relaxed atmosphere to practice speaking French in casual conversation. This event is great for those who are fluent speakers as well as for those who are just learning the language. The French Café will be held in the Mahan Gallery at the Library.
Email newsletter signup
• Mother’s Day Bear Workshop: 4 p.m. Tuesday. Participants will be able to stuff a bear to make their own furry friend. Limited spaces are available. Those interested in participating should call or stop by the Children’s Library to register in advance.
• DIY Photo Coasters: 4 p.m. Thursday. Those interested in participating should bring their own printed photos. The Library will provide the supplies and instruction needed to turn the photos into a coaster. This event is for ages 9-13.
• FOTL Spring Book Sale: Thursday-Saturday, May 12. The Friends of the Library will be holding their annual Spring Book Sale, beginning at 3 p.m. on Thursday afternoon. Proceeds of the sale will go toward library programs and events funded by the Friends of the Library.
• “The Illustrated Word” exhibit reception: 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday. Presented by the Kentucky Arts Council, the traveling exhibit connects visual art and literature. The 27 artists in the exhibit represent 13 Kentucky counties. The artwork ranges from visual interpretations of poetry and excerpts from literature – both literal and metaphorical – to artwork that incorporates text as a design element.
“The Illustrated Word” was organized by the Kentucky Arts Council. It will travel to libraries around the Commonwealth through December, for the enjoyment of art and reading enthusiasts throughout the state. This exhibit will be on display in the Mahan Gallery until June 19.
Call the library at (859) 238-7323, visit the website at www.BoylePubLib.org, or stop by to inquire about the Library’s children’s, ‘tween and teen activities, and adult programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration for participation.