McDowell place holds special events for National Assisted Living Week
Published 6:56 am Thursday, September 6, 2018
A weeklong celebration kicks off Sunday and McDowell Place of Danville is joining tens of thousands of assisted living communities across the country for the festivities. National Assisted Living Week continues through Sept. 15, and McDowell Place is honoring this year’s theme of “Capture the Moment.”
“Often, it’s the little, everyday moments in assisted living between staff and residents that deepen bonds, enrich lives and improve care,” says Susan Matherly, Director of McDowell Place. “Our community’s seniors are unique individuals who still have so much to give, and we are honored to serve them during this pivotal time in their lives.”
“Capture the Moment” hopes to inspire assisted living residents to enjoy the present while still celebrating the past. Many adults 65 and older battle isolation and loneliness as they age, which can impact their mental, emotional and physical health. Community engagement may be the key to combating this issue, and McDowell Place of Danville offers life-enriching social activities to help residents continue to lead fulfilling lives.
Such activities will be offered this week at McDowell Place of Danville and include:
• 7th Annual Frank Lawson Memorial Cruise-In, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, free community car show with proceeds to benefit Walk to End Alzheimer’s
• “McDowell Place’s Got Talent” resident and staff talent show, 3 p.m. Tuesday
• Entertainment by Chapel Hill Quartet, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
• Mary Kay Spa with Connie Snider, 9:30 a.m. Wednesday
• Trivia Night with Mike Archer, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 12
• Drama Group Performance at Mercer County Senior Center, Sept. 14
• Assisted Living Week Wind-Up Party and Live Auction, 3 p.m. Sept. 14
McDowell Place of Danville is a 98-unit independent living, assisted living and personal care community located in Danville, Kentucky.
For more information: (859) 239-466), mcdowellplacedanville.org.