Brass Band Festival releases full 2022 music lineup
Published 8:50 am Monday, March 21, 2022
The Great American Brass Band Festival is pleased to announce the 2022 music lineup for the 32nd annual event, slated for June 2–5. Several fan favorites are set to return, as well as some faces new to the festival.
As previously released, Boston Brass will headline the Great American Picnic on Saturday evening, and as such will be the closing performance of the festival on Sunday. Boston Brass previously played the festival in 2017, and we are excited to have them back on the GABBF stage. Additionally, Yamaha performing artist, Rex Richardson, a renowned champion of new, genre-busting music featuring the trumpet as a solo voice, will be highlighted as a soloist during several GABBF performances.
GABBF newcomers, Mike Wade and The Nasty Nati Brass Band, will rock the house with a Saturday evening closing performance, and will headline Whitaker Bank’s Bayou and Brass on Friday night, June 3rd.
Festival favorites, the Storyville Stompers Brass Band from New Orleans and Circle City Sidewalk Stompers Clown Band from Indianapolis are back to delight GABBF audiences again. The Storyville Stompers will perform several times, including a new Lunch and Learn
series at the Art Center of the Bluegrass on Friday afternoon. They will also perform a gospel concert later that afternoon, followed by a Bayou and Brass stage performance. The Circle City Sidewalk Stompers will be performing multiple times during Bayou and Brass and have a performance slot on Saturday during the setup for the Great American Picnic.
Both groups will also be featured in our Main Street Parade on Saturday morning.
The 202nd Army Band of the Kentucky National Guard out of Frankfort, KY will also return for their 24th year at the festival. This elite group of weekend warriors never fails to satisfy! Single Barrel Brass, a contingent of the 202nd, will perform during Bayou and Brass as well. Danville’s own Advocate Brass Band, will welcome everyone to town once again, playing in both the parade and on the Main Stage on Saturday evening. Heartland Winds, a community band hailing from Elizabethtown, KY will return after a stellar performance in 2019. New to the
festival, all the way from the west coast, the Band of the California Battalion, playing vintage music on vintage instruments, will make their Main Stage debut on Saturday afternoon.
Thanks in part to a wonderful partnership between the Festival and the North American Brass Band Association (NABBA), GABBF will spotlight several British-style brass bands on the main stage. Southern Stars Symphonic Brass Band from Crossville, TN is back, having performed at GABBF in 2010 and 2018. Making their GABBF debut in 2022 the Dublin Silver Band from Dublin, OH and Crossroads Brass Band from Indianapolis, IN.
The Walnut Street Ramblers will also return to the festival with multiple performances. Not only will they provide festive music for the Great American Swing Dance on Thursday, June 2, but they will also provide a concert at Shaker Village on Friday, then close out their weekend with a Main Stage performance on Saturday evening.
The Great American Brass Band Festival is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1990, so donations may be tax-deductible. For more information or sponsorship and donation opportunities visit www.gabbf.org.
See full music lineup below
Thursday, June 2, 2022
• 7:30–9 p.m. Walnut Street Ramblers Great American Swing Dance – Boyle Co Library
Friday, June 3, 2022
• 12–1 p.m. Storyville Stompers – Lunch and Learn Art Center of the Bluegrass
• 4:30–5:30 p.m. Walnut Street Ramblers Shaker Village Bayou and Brass from 4:30–10 p.m.
• 4:30–5:15 p.m. Storyville Stompers Gospel Concert Trinity Church
• 5:30–6:30 p.m. Single Barrel Brass Weisiger Park Stage 6:30–7 p.m. Circle City Sidewalk Stompers Weisiger Park
• 7–8 p.m. Storyville Stompers Brass Band Weisiger Park Stage • 8–8:30 p.m. Circle City Sidewalk Stompers Weisiger Park 8:30–10 p.m. Mike Wade and Nasty Nati Brass Band Weisiger Park Stage
Saturday, June 4, 2022
• 11 a.m. Main Street Parade featuring multiple bands
Main Stage Music from 12–11 p.m.
• 12–1 p.m. Crossroads Brass Band
• 1:15–2:15 p.m. Band of the California Battalion
• 2:30–3:30 p.m. 202nd Army Band
• 3:45–4:45 p.m. Circle City Sidewalk Stompers (performance on Walnut Street)
• 5–6 p.m. Walnut Street Ramblers
• 6:15–7:15 p.m. Advocate Brass Band
• 7:30–8:30 p.m. Southern Stars Symphonic Brass Band
• 8:45–9:45 p.m. Boston Brass
• 10–11 p.m. Mike Wade and Nasty Nati Brass Band
Sunday, June 5, 2022
• 9:15–10:30 a.m. Community Ecumenical Service
• 11 a.m.–12 p.m. Southern Stars Symphonic Brass Band
• 12:15–1:15 p.m. Heartland Winds
• 1:30–2:30 p.m. Dublin Silver Band
2:45–4 p.m. Boston Brass