Danville BOE appoints chair, swears in new member
Published 4:58 pm Wednesday, March 1, 2023
BY LANCE GAITHER
During the Danville School Board meeting on Monday night, the board elected members Esther Rugerio and Jennifer Pusateri to be the chair and vice chair of the board respectively.
Email newsletter signup
The board has selected Melinda Weathers to fill a vacancy on the board after Patrick McClure announced he would be unable to fill the position after his election last year. Weathers was selected to fill the vacancy after an application and interview process with the board. She has served previous terms on the board to fill vacancies.
“I’m glad to be back on the board in an official capacity,” said Weathers. “I’m glad to be here and am ready to serve.”
In other news, the board has approved the following quotes for the repairs and improvements of school property:
• $22,063.09 from Engineered Floors to redo the flooring and carpeting at the John W. Bate Middle School Library
• $29,015.57 from Engineered Floors to redo the flooring and carpeting at the Danville High School Auditorium
• $35,770 from Tennis Technology to resurface the tennis courts at John W. Bate Middle School
• $85,176 from Vincent Lighting Systems to replace the lighting at Danville High School’s Gravely Hall
• $20,200.84 from Little Tykes Commercial to repair storm damaged playground equipment at Toliver Intermediate School