McDowell Place recognizes National Assisted Living Week
Published 10:14 am Saturday, September 9, 2023
A weeklong celebration kicks off this Sunday, September 10, and McDowell Place is joining tens of thousands of assisted living communities across the country for the festivities. National Assisted Living Week® – officially sponsored by First Quality in 2023 – continues through Saturday, Sept. 16, and McDowell Place honors this year’s theme, “Season of Reflection.”
“This year’s National Assisted Living Week is a special time to recognize and thank those who truly make communities across the country a loving home,” said Susan Matherly, director of McDowell Place of Danville. “‘Season of Reflection’ provides both the chance to welcome the changing season and the opportunity for local communities to celebrate the individuals who live and work in assisted living. It is important to take this special time to learn more about this sector of long term care and the important role it plays.”
Email newsletter signup
While adhering to current safety requirements and precautions in place for COVID, activities offered this week at McDowell Place include:
• Frank Lawson Memorial Cruise-In, Sept. 10, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Trophies awarded to residents’ choice top 5 cars. Concession proceeds to benefit McDowell Place Walk to End Alzheimer’s Team.
• Music by Danville Dulcimers, Sept. 11, 2 p.m. – Join us on the patio for some beautiful music.
• Senior University, Sept. 12, 10:30 a.m. – “What Science Tells Us About Happiness” by Dr. Beau Weston, PhD, Van Winkle Professor of Sociology at Centre College
• Music by Dawn Osborn and Friends, Sept. 12, 6:30 p.m. – Join us for a musical journey with this fun group!
Ballroom Dance Showcase by DANceVILLE Studio, September 13, 6:30 p.m. – The students from DANceVILLE Studio will be showcasing their talents.
• Love On A Leash, Sept. 14, 1 p.m. – Visit with Ben, certified Love On A Leash therapy dog.
• Staff Chili Cook Off, Sept. 14, 2 p.m. – Residents vote on which staff makes the best chili.
• Trivia Night, Sept. 14, 6:30 p.m. – Fun team trivia with staff, residents, family and friends
“We encourage members of the community to stay connected and visit McDowell Place’s social media pages for important updates during National Assisted Living Week,” said Matherly. “Engaging with our residents safely is a rewarding experience and makes a tremendous difference in their lives.”
McDowell Place of Danville is an independent living, assisted living, personal care, and memory care community located in Danville, KY. For more information about McDowell Place of Danville, please call (859) 239-HOME (4663) or visit the website at www.mcdowellplacedanville.org.