Tis the season for scaring at Shaker Village
Published 8:28 am Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Spooky season has arrived at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill. A full lineup of Halloween-inspired events are happening through October that the whole family can experience.
Email newsletter signup
• Spirit Strolls – Take a guided lantern lit stroll to the 1811 Shaker Cemetery. Along the way you’ll learn about some of Pleasant Hill’s darker moments, and the burial traditions of this now departed community. Every Friday and Saturday in October at 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 for Annual Passholders and $15 for Non-Annual Passholders.
• Trick-or-Treat – Come out in your costume on October 20 or 21 for hayrides, live music, crafts, food trucks, fire pits and tons of candy stops sponsored by Accuprint and Mercer County Tourism. Grab tickets for $8 for ages three and up. Annual Passholders and ages two and under receive free admission.
• Halloween 5K – Support the Harrodsburg Kiwanis Club by wearing your costume and running (or walking) through the historic Village on October 28 at 9:30 a.m. Kids will have fun in a one-mile Superhero Chase beginning at 10:30 a.m. Registration is $30 to participate and the kid’s chase is free.
• Howl at the Moon Hike – Explore the stars on this gentle night hike through the Preserve on October 28. Costumes are encouraged, but no werewolves, please! Tickets are $15 for Annual Passholders and $25 for Non-Annual Passholders.
• Hay Wagon Rides – Hop on a hayride and discover how the Shakers’ beliefs defined their community. Every Friday and Saturday in October at 6:00 p.m. Tickets are $5 for ages six and up and free for children under five.
• Music on the Lawn – The Trustees’ Lawn is the place to be every Friday and Saturday evening from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Grab a drink from the outdoor bar, gather around the fire pit and settle in for an outdoor concert from local and regional musicians. Admission is free.