Free computer classes offered at the library in October
The Boyle County Public Library offers free computer classes every month. The computer classes to be held at the Library in October include:
• Computer Basics — Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 2:30 p.m. This class covers the basic elements of the Windows PC operating system, including using a mouse and keyboard; highlighting, copying, and pasting text; common menus, toolbars, and shortcuts; and an overview of software and storage media.
• Internet Basics — Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 2:30 p.m. This class provides a basic introduction to the internet. It includes accessing websites; using different browsers; and using common buttons and menus.
• Email Basics — Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 2:30 p.m. This class will provide new computer users with some basic skills to set up and use an email account, including sending email and adding attachments. (Internet Basics recommended.)
• Facebook — Tuesday, Oct. 25 at 2:30 p.m. Facebook is a popular social networking site that allows you to connect with others. Learn how to upload pictures; update your status; set your privacy and account settings; and search for family and friends. If you already have a Facebook account, please bring your account login information. (Basic computer and internet skills recommended.)
• Job Seeking Workshop — Thursday, Oct. 27 at 2:30 p.m. This class provides an overview of some of the resources available to job seekers in finding employment.
Those interested in attending any of the computer classes may register online at www.BoylePubLib.org under the “Using the Library” tab or by calling the Library at (859) 238-7323. In addition to these classes, one-on-one computer support is also available by appointment.