Garrard County grand jury indicts eight
LANCASTER — A Garrard County grand jury indicted the following people on Oct. 19:
• Justin Clarkson, 39, 115 Portman Ave., Lancaster: first-degree possession of a controlled substance; and trafficking in legend drugs. A summons was issued. Lancaster Police Officer W. Tudor testified.
• Ebony A. Martin, 24, 743 Parkway Ave., Harrodsburg: first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (methamphetamine). Bail was set at $25,000 cash. Tudor testified.
• Connie L. Jones, 55, 256 Highland Ave., Lancaster: two separate indictments for first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance (methamphetamine). A summons was issued. Tudor testified.
• Lisa Ramirez, AKA Lisa Mchone, 30, 7-F Robinson Terrace, Richmond: theft by deception $500 or more for allegedly illegally obtaining $8,807 by creating a false impression as to her right to receive a tax refund. A summons was issued. Paul Rigsby testified.
• Randall Crow, 52, 5813 Ky. 906, Hustonville: first-degree sexual abuse for allegedly subjecting a child under the age of 12 to sexual contact. Bail was set at $10,000 cash. Kentucky State Police Detective Frank Thornberry testified.
• Jonathan Durham, 29, 200 Boone Road, Stanford: first-degree being a persistent felony offender. Bail was set at $75,000. Court records were presented to the grand jury as evidence.
• Joseph Denny, 25, 2124 Buckeye Road, Lancaster: being a felon in possession of a handgun; and third-degree terroristic threatening for allegedly threatening to kill a man. Bail was set at $5,000. Lancaster Police Officer Allen Weston testified. Denny was also indicted for first-degree possession of a controlled substance (heroin); and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $5,000 cash. Tudor testified.
• James B. Shearer, 38, no address provided: second-degree criminal mischief; second-degree criminal trespassing; and fourth-degree assault. The case was remanded to district court. Tudor testified.