Hudson-Ellis Fund at Blue Grass Community Foundation awards more than $80,000 to organizations serving Boyle County
Blue Grass Community Foundation recently awarded more than $80,000 in grants to 12 charitable organizations for projects that will improve the quality of life for citizens in Boyle County. Organizations serving Boyle County applied for funding through the Hudson-Ellis Competitive Grantmaking Program, which is made possible by the generosity of Lottie B. Ellis, John F. Joyner and Lena H. Joyner, whose bequests established endowments at Blue Grass Community Foundation.
“At the Community Foundation, we are committed to building endowments,” said Lisa Adkins, President and CEO of Blue Grass Community Foundation. “To date, the Hudson-Ellis Fund has provided more than one million dollars while the Joyner Fund has provided more than $24,000 in grants to Boyle County nonprofits. Because both of these funds are endowed, they will continue to provide perpetual support for Boyle County.”
A complete list of 2016 Grant Recipients appears below.
• Arts Commission of Danville-Boyle County, Youth Art Fair Annual Exhibit
• Assisting Deaf Adults to Participate Totally, Independent Living Skills classes with interpreter services
• Boyle County Education Foundation, Scholarships for Pre-School students
• CASA of the Bluegrass, to train, recruit and supervise 10 additional CASA volunteers who will advocate for the best interest of abused and neglected children in the Boyle County Family Court System
• Community Arts Center, Arts field trips for scond and third graders attending Danville Schools, Boyle County Schools, and Kentucky School for the Deaf
• Danville Library, to purchase and install a hydraulic lift gate for the Lottie Ellis Bookmobile that will allow full accessibility for all patrons
• Danville Schools Education Foundation, Providing “Parents as Teacher” services to identified familys through “Cradle School” with the goal of strengthening families
• Danville/Boyle County Happy Feet Equals Learning Feet, to purchase 200 pairs of shoes and socks for underprivileged children
• Family Services Association of Boyle County, for emergency housing assistance for residents of Boyle County
• Kentucky School for the Deaf Charitable Foundation, to purchase materials and equipment that will continue to develop Makerspace
• Special Persons Advocacy Network (SPAN), 2017 Camp Hope
• Wilderness Trace Child Development Center, to replace rubber surface in playground area and purchase therapy equipment
About Blue Grass Community Foundation
For more than 45 years, Blue Grass Community Foundation has partnered with individuals, businesses and nonprofits to facilitate charitable giving that makes our community a better place to live, learn, work and play. If you’d like to establish an endowment to support a cause you care about, join us. Together we can make a difference. Contact Lisa Adkins, President/CEO, at email@example.com or (859) 225-3343.
Bluegrass Area Development District Receives National Association of Development Organizations 2016 Innovation
BADD News Release WASHINGTON, DC – The Bluegrass Area Development District based in Lexington, Kentucky, has received a 2016 Innovation... read more