Boyle library offers computer classes
Published 7:40 am Friday, December 2, 2016
Free computer classes offered at the library in December
The Boyle County Public Library offers free computer classes every month. The computer classes to be held at the Library in December include:
• Computer Basics, Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 2:30 p.m. This class is an introduction to using your computer. Learn about the various parts of a computer; the importance between hardware and software; using a mouse/keyboard; and an overview of how to launch programs.
Email newsletter signup
• Internet Basics, Friday, Dec.9 at 2:30 p.m. This class provides a basic introduction to the internet. It includes accessing websites; using different browsers; and using common buttons and menus. (Computer Basics recommended.)
• Email Basics, Tuesday, Dec. 13 at 2:30 p.m. This class will provide new computer users with some basic skills to set up and use an email account, including sending email and adding attachments. (Internet Basics recommended.)
• Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint, Wednesday, Dec. 14 at 11 a.m. This class provides a basic introduction to Microsoft’s slide presentation software. We will cover using the ribbon; creating, saving, and presenting a slideshow; adding new slides; determining slide layout and design; and entering information to be displayed. (Introduction to Microsoft Word recommended.)
• iPad/iPhone, Thursday, Dec. 15 at 2:30 p.m. Bring your iPad or iPhone to class and learn the basics or some new tips. If you’re considering purchasing one of these devices, this class can help you decide if they are right for you.
• Facebook, Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 2:30 p.m. Facebook is a popular social networking site that allows you to connect with others. Learn how to
upload pictures; update your status; set your privacy and account settings; and search for family and friends. If you already have a Facebook account, please bring your account login information. (Basic computer and internet skills recommended.)
Those interested in attending any of the computer classes may register online at www.BoylePubLib.org under the “Using the Library” tab or by calling the library at (859) 238-7323. In addition to these classes, one-on-one computer support is also available by appointment.