Free computer classes offered at the library in January
Published 9:01 am Thursday, December 29, 2016
The Boyle County Public Library offers free computer classes every month. The computer classes to be held at the library in January include:
• Computer Basics, 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 9. This class is an introduction to using your computer. Learn about the various parts of a computer; the importance between hardware and software; using a mouse/keyboard; and an overview of how to launch programs.
• Internet Basics, 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 11. This class provides a basic introduction to the internet. It includes accessing websites; using different browsers; and using common buttons and menus. (Computer Basics recommended.)
Email newsletter signup
• Email Basics, 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 12. This class will provide new computer users with some basic skills to set up and use an email account, including sending email and adding attachments. (Internet Basics recommended.)
• Introduction to Microsoft Word, 2 p.m. Monday, Jan. 16. This class offers a basic introduction to word processing. Instruction will be given on using the ribbon; creating, saving, and printing documents; copying and pasting text; formatting lists; and checking spelling and grammar. (Computer Basics recommended.)
• Introduction to Microsoft Excel, 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 18. This class is an introduction to the spreadsheet productivity software from Microsoft. Create, save, and print worksheets; enter and modify data; and learn a few basic functions/formulas. (Introduction to Microsoft Word helpful.)
• Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 24. This class provides a basic introduction to Microsoft’s slide presentation software and will cover creating, saving, and presenting a slideshow; adding new slides; determining slide layout and design; and entering information to be displayed. (Introduction to Microsoft Word recommended.)
• Job Seeking and Applications, 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26. This class will provide an overview of some resources available to job seekers in finding employment and some tips for getting started on an application. (Internet Basics recommended.)
Those interested in attending any of the computer classes may register online at www.BoylePubLib.org under the “Using the Library” tab or by calling the library at (859) 238-7323. In addition to these classes, one-on-one computer support is also available by appointment.