Published 8:36 am Friday, February 3, 2017
On Jan. 12, the Middle School Governor’s Cup for the 61st District was held at Bate Middle School. The Governor’s Cup competition is an academic event sponsored by the Kentucky Association for Academic Competition.
Bate Middle School, Boyle County Middle School and King Middle School participated in the 61st district competition. The results are as follows:
• Overall winner: Bate Middle School
• Overall runner-up: Boyle County Middle School
• Quick recall winner: Bate Middle School
• Quick recall runner-up: Boyle County Middle School
• Future problem solving winner: Bate Middle School
• Future problem solving runner-up: King Middle School
The top five students in each written assessment area (math, science, social studies, composition, language, arts, and arts/humanities) will advance to the regional competition, which will be held on Feb. 4. The top two teams in quick recall and future problem solving will also compete at the regional level.
Individual results and more information regarding the competition can be found on the KAAC website, kaac.com.