Death notices, March 11
• Benjamin Wesley Barger Jr., 58, died March 2 in Danville, Kentucky. He is survived by his wife, Barbara Barger. A private service will be planned.
• Julia Powers, 92, of Kings Mountain, died Thursday, March 9. One day service Tuesday at Spurlin Stanford. Visitation from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and funeral service at 1 p.m.
• Clifford Howard Hamm, 86, of Liberty, husband of Dorothy Hamm, died Thursday. Funeral 11 a.m. Tuesday at McKinney-Brown Funeral Home. Visitation Monday 6-9 p.m. McKinney-Brown.
• Gerald Compton, age 47. Visitation 6 to 9 p.m. Monday. Funeral services 2 p.m. Tuesday. Bartle Funeral Home Chapel.
• Vernon Herron, age 80, Liberty; husband of Beatrice, died Sat; Funeral Wed 11 AM at McKinney-Brown Funeral Home; visit... read more