Keepsakes: Centre Greek pledge class
The Centre College Greek community recently announced its 2017 pledge class.
The Greek community at Centre College consists of eleven national and international organizations, six fraternities and five sororities. Members are dedicated to the ideals of brotherhood, sisterhood, leadership, scholastic achievement, community service, and social interaction.
Centre fraternities and sororities are active in the campus and local community, volunteering time and energy for service and philanthropic endeavors. Service and leadership projects include fundraisers for the United Way, Ronald McDonald House, CASA, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Other projects include mentoring at-risk local school children, and sponsoring citywide canned-food drives. Centre Greeks recorded more than 8,500 service hours last year, and raised more than $99,000 for charitable organizations.
Local students have pledge to:
• Mack Cox, first-year student, Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Boyle County High School, son of Julie and Travis Cox of Danville.
• Hagen Ellis, first-year student, Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Boyle County High School, son of Gerald and Melissa Ellis of Danville
• Josh Joiner, first-year student, Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, Danville High School, son of Libby and Jeffery Joiner of Danville.
• Alyssa Marshall, first-year student, Delta Delta Delta sorority, Boyle County High School, daughter of Carol and Donald Marshall of Danville.
• James Warinner, first-year student, Sigma Chi fraternity, Boyle County High School, son of Jimmie and Michiyo Warinner of Danville.
• Drew Yeager, first-year student, Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Boyle County High School, son of Amy and Jim Yeager of Danville.
• Jackson Baughman, first-year student, Phi Kappa Tau fraternity, Mercer County High School, son of Robert and Pamela Baughman of Harrodsburg.