Ephraim McDowell Health hosting Regional Cardiovascular & Limb Preservation Symposium
EPHRAIM MCDOWELL HEALTH
Ephraim McDowell Health has established itself as a leader in the state for the advanced cardiac and vascular services it provides. On April 22, Ephraim McDowell Health is hosting the Kentucky Regional Cardiovascular Limb Preservation Symposium on at Centre College from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The symposium will offer health care providers from across the state the opportunity learn about the latest procedures and therapies as it relates to cardiovascular and limb preservation specialties.
Participants will hear from eight renowned physicians who are experts in their field. The physicians that will be presenting and their topic of discussion are as follows.
• Sharat Koul, DO, “Welcome” — Dr. Koul is a board-certified interventional cardiologist practicing at Ephraim McDowell Heart & Vascular Institute. He is the medical director of the Limb Preservation Program and the Chest Pain Center at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center.
• Steve Leung, MD, “Advanced Imaging in Cardiac Disease”— Dr. Leung is an assistant professor and director of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging at Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky and also director of cardiovascular imaging at the Lexington Veterans Affairs Hospital.
• Gustavo Morales, MD, “The Cutting Edge in Atrial Fibrillation” – Dr. Morales is an associate professor of medicine (clinical series) in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky and also a part-time cardiac electrophysiologist at the Lexington Veterans Affairs Hospital.
• Matthew Wiisanen, MD, “TAVR–The Future of Valve Disease” — Dr. Wiisanen practices at Erlanger Cardiology, University of Tennessee where he is an interventional cardiologist and director of structural heart disease.
• J. Michael Smith, MD, “Minimally Invasive and Robotic Cardiac Surgery” — Dr. Smith serves as director of robotic surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Cincinnati and also is an associate professor at the University of Cincinnati.
• Mark Fugate, MD, “Management of Superficial Femoral Artery Disease” — Dr. Fugate is an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Chattanooga and practices at Parkridge Medical Center, University of Tennessee, and also at the Memorial Health Care System and Erlanger Medical Center.
• Joe Skurka, DPM,“Outpatient Management of Non-Healing Wounds” — Dr. Skurka practices at the Ephraim McDowell Specialty Center, specializing in podiatry and wound care.
• Amit Dwivedi, MD, “Management of Chronic Total Occlusions” — Dr. Dwivedi is an associate professor and chief of the Division of Vascular Surgery at the University of Louisville Hospital.
• Hussam Hamdalla, MD, “Management of Deep Venous Occlusive Disease” — Dr. Hamdalla practices at the Ephraim McDowell Heart & Vascular Institute and is chief of Cardiovascular Services and director of the Cardiac Catheterization Lab and the Echocardiography Lab at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center.
The event is for health care professionals only. Seven CME hours will be provided by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure and seven CEU hours will be provided by the Kentucky Board of Nursing. For more information or to register, please visit our website at www.emhealth.org/symposium or call (859) 239-2060.