News briefs, May 4
Names added to Wall of Honor
Nine new names have been added to the Veterans Wall of Honor at the Boyle County Fairgrounds. They are:
• Steven D. Hancock, U.S. Marine Corps, Vietnam
• Brian T. Wofford, U.S. Marine Corps, Desert Storm
• Charlie Lewis III, U.S. Army, 1970-1973
• Deandre M. Routt, U.S. Navy, 2012-2016
• John F. Young, U.S.Air Force, 1956-1980
• George W. Preston, U.S. Army, 1962-1964
• Donald Ray Preston, U.S. Army, Vietnam
• Elijah McQuerry, U.S.Marine Corps, 2009-2013
• Scott T Evans, U.S. Army, 1994-2016
Perryville Elementary School SBDM — 3:15 p.m. May 10 in Principal Slone’s office.
Boyle County Board of Adjustments — 10 a.m. Thursday, May 18 at Danville City Hall public meeting room. The agenda includes a request for a variance for Kroger to have two additional franchise signs on the building. The property is located at 200 Skywatch Drive and is zoned H-C and GR-A. The owner/applicant is The Kroger Company.
Ephraim McDowell Health sponsoring free health screenings on May 20
Ephraim McDowell Health is sponsoring a free health screening from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 20 at UK-Boyle County Cooperative Extension Service, located at 99 Corporate Drive.
Health screenings that will be offered are cholesterol, glucose, blood pressure, body mass index, stroke risk and take-home colorectal cancer screening kits (over age 50).
Participants should not eat 12 hours prior to their screening if they would like to have the blood test that gives them a full lipid panel. This gives the participant detailed information including their HDL, LDL, triglycerides and glucose.
The screenings are free and open to the public. Anyone interested in participating in the screenings may schedule an appointment by calling (859) 236-4484, Monday through Friday.