Great American Brass Band Festival organizers are gearing up for the weekend ahead, and part of that includes planning for inclement weather. Executive director Niki Kinkade shared a list of rain plans for each event in the case of rain or storms.
If the event is not listed, it will continue as planned in the same location. Remember: These changes only go into effect if there is bad weather. Check GABBF.org for any last minute changes due to bad weather — click on the “rain plan” icon at the top of the home page for updates.
The following events will be changed as indicated if bad weather hits.
• Swing dance will be moved inside of the Boyle County Public Library.
• Croquet, Bourbon & Brass in Perryville will be moved to the Perryville Jamboree Building.
• Bayou and Brass will go on downtown, but with potential delays and modifications if weather is bad.
• Concert at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in Harrodsburg will be moved into the Meeting House. • Concert at Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg will be canceled if there is heavy rain, wind and lighting. The event will only be delayed if rain moves through.
• The Great American Balloon Race will be moved to 5-7 p.m. Sunday if there is bad weather.
Saturday and Sunday events:
• Run for the Brass will only be canceled due to lightening and heavy wind.
• Yoga in the Park will be moved inside to Plank on Main due if rain.
• Bike in the Bluegrass will be canceled with rain.
•The Main Street parade will go on with light rain and will only be delayed in the case of strong rain. The parade will be canceled in the case of wind or lightening.
• The Great American Art Festival will go on regardless of weather, but booths may shut down if it rains, there is strong wind or lightening, but will eventually reopen.
• Kids Art Fest will be canceled with rain, wind or lightening.
• Festival Market & Food Village will be open with light rain and delayed with heavy rain, lightning and wind.
• Main Stage Concerts will go on with light rain, and delayed or canceled with heavy rain, wind or lightning.
• Saturday Picnic Concerts will be moved in doors in case of potential rain, wind or lightning. This will be called early in the day so organizers can have time to prepare.
• The Sunday church service will be inside the Norton Center for the Arts if inclement weather hits.
Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church has received approval from the Danville Architectural Heritage Board for a project that will... read more