Republicans have done nothing to be proud of
Mitch McConnell just published an Op-Ed piece in the Advocate Messenger bragging about what the republicans did in the first year of Trump’s reign. He seemed to be very proud of their record. I sat down and listed a few of “their accomplishments”.
• Voided the Streamsaver rule which kept mine companies from dumping mine wastes into rivers and streams
• Rescinded the Clean Power Plan which would have reduced the level of carbon emissions by coal fired power plants
• Opened ANWR for oil drilling (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge)
• Withdrew the U.S. from the Paris Climate Accords making the U.S. the ONLY COUNTRY not in the Paris Accords
• Changed game laws to allow the hunting and killing of animals in their winter dens while they are in hibernation
• Removed protections for endangered species including whales, turtles, and dolphins
• Set aside laws preventing offshore oil & gas drilling along both coasts of the United States
• Repealed the drilling safety regulations regarding “blowout preventers” put into place after the Deepwater Horizon’s tragic accident and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
• Repealed the $0.09/barrel of oil fee that funds quick response to accidents such as the Macondo oil well blowout in the Gulf.
• Passed a tax scam that gave a HUGE tax cut to the rich and corporations while cutting Meals on Wheels, and Medicare.
• Failed to renew Chip and to extend DACA
• Reduced the size of National Monuments established by President Obama by up to 90 percent!
• Pardoned convicted felon Joe Arpaio sheriff in Arizona.
Perhaps they are proud of these accomplishments but I certainly am not!