Junction battles second house fire in three days
Junction City firefighters responded to a second early morning fire in three days, this one at about 6:37 a.m. Tuesday and at 162 Shelby Street.
“We were called out to a structure fire with smoke coming from the eaves,” said Chief Troy Gammon. “We got on scene and found smoke coming from both ends of the house.”
The fire was determined to be in the attic and was contained. The cause of the fire was found to be old electrical wiring.
It caused moderate damage, including smoke damage, Gammon said, but they did have to pull the ceiling down in the living room to ensure the fire was completely out.
The street had to be closed for about 45 minutes while crews battled the flames.
Fifty-five candidates across 25 races will appear on the primary election ballot when voters go to the polls on May... read more