Kiwanis Club of Danville program featured DBCHS director Matthews
The program this past week for the Kiwanis Club of Danville was by Paige Matthews, director of the Danville-Boyle County Humane Society. Paige, who was named the director in September 2017, shared the following information about the organization’s mission and activities:
• They have been serving the Boyle County area since 1972.
• They take in about 2,500 animals per year.
• Their “Happy Paws Spay and Neuter Clinic”, which opened in 2007, takes care of 1,200 animals per year, and is a great low-cost option for spaying and neutering with a great staff. People come from all across the state and even some from out of state!
• Their recent addition has provided them with a great new kennel, grooming area, treatment area, and isolation section.
• Having the county’s Animal Control Center housed with them is a great treat, as many counties don’t have that proximity.
• Their partnerships with area pet retailers are great successes, and provide them with a majority of their adoptions.
• Their partnership with Cheri Carbone’s Mutts With Manners program has been a tremendous success, adopting out dogs after 1-on-1 training.
• Their volunteers of all ages, and from all walks of life, as well as their public support, are outstanding.
For more information about the Danville-Boyle County Humane Society, visit them at 778 N Danville Bypass, call (859) 238-1117, visit their website at http://www.homes4pets.org, their Facebook page at http://bit.ly/2Bs1I3S, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Kiwanis Club of Danville – our opportunities for learning, fellowship and service to the Danville area – please comment or message us here. Also, feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.