It’s Brass Band time, and that means the Gallery Hop is back
Published 1:22 pm Friday, May 25, 2018
The Arts Commission of Danville/Boyle County is rolling out the purple carpet to welcome visitors and local friends alike to an evening of art, conversation and shopping. From 5:30-8 on Thursday, 22 local businesses and offices will host over 50 artists who will share their talents.
This business and arts partnership has developed over 15 years.
Each year, the roster of participants includes regulars and welcomes new businesses and artists. As visitors stroll the downtown, they will see artists creating and exhibiting work on the sidewalks, as well as inside the hosts’ venue.
Email newsletter signup
New businesses this year include the Sheehan, Barnett law office on Fourth Street. The law practice recently completed an extensive renovation of their building and wanted to welcome the community to visit. They will host painter Marlene Hanna and musicians Be Squared.
Also new to the hop is Posh Apparel on Main Street. Owner Holly Moser will feature local jeweler Diana Kestly whose work is carried in the shop.
The library will host a traveling exhibit in the Mahan Gallery and the ever popular Great American Swing Dance in the parking area.
Pioneer Playhouse is sponsoring the performance of Irish musicians Kieran Cunningham and Ricky O’Neill at Jane Barleycorn’s from 6:30-7:30.
Venues will be marked with purple banners and maps are available at each location.
The Arts Commission will be on hand at the Hub Coffee Shop to answer questions about the hop and the commission’s programs. This event is made possible, in part, by a grant from Kentucky Utilities.
Venues, artists and mediums
• Boyle County Public Library — Illustrated Word Exhibit
(*Reminder: The Great American Swing Dance is in Library Park)
• Dixon Design — John Andrew Dixon, collage
• Dabberhashery — Danyel Sparks, pencil; Sterling McMillan, glass
• Community Arts — 2nd Look Quilt Challenge
• Tut’s — Dionna Baker, pottery
• Sheehan, Barnett, Hays — Be Squared, musicians; Marlene Hanna, oils
• Harvey’s — Carrie Snow, painting, ceramics
• A & L Accessories — Cheryl Mayes, jewelry; Rachel Bissonette, photography and sculpture
• Trinity Episcopal — Paul Muth, pottery;
• Raymond James — Marie Taylor, glass; Bev Walker, polymer clay sculpture
• Jane Barleycorn’s — Kieran Cunningham, Irish musician; Rickie O’Neill, Irish musician
• Centre Bookstore — Robert Powell, author; Margaret Young Levi, jewelry
• Hub Coffee Shop Arts Commission — Chris Conley, pottery
• McDaniel Wealth — Jacquie Woodward, wearable art; Grace McDaniel, wearable art
• Cerci on Main — Kathy York, York’s Corks;
• Plank on Main — Travis Lee Kern, musician; Daniel Lay, musician
• Maple Tree Gallery — Andrea Akers, watercolors; Donna Forgacs, oils
• Posh Apparel — Diana Kestley, jewelry
• Chase — Bob Gundy, photography; Roni Gilpin, glass
• Derby Shoppe — Tom Lamp, watercolors; Lynda Ross, prints, oils
• Tye Financial — Tillie Sowders, oils, notecards; Bobby Gayle Lewis, acrylics; Hallie Brunson, acrylics
• Carol’s Bridal Pat Williams — fiber arts