This week at the Boyle County Public Library
Published 6:55 am Saturday, June 9, 2018
The Boyle County Public Library offers many fun, educational events throughout the year. Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a.m. Mondays, Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays, and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. This summer also offers the Kid’s Book Club 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Kid’s Science Clubs on Thursday mornings.
In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• Baby Lapsit: 10:30 a.m. Mondays. The program focuses on early literacy skills and is designed for infants up to 12 months and their caregivers. During the program, babies sit on their caregiver’s lap and interact with them while enjoying rhyming songs, finger plays, and short stories designed with babies in mind. The Baby Lapsit program will meet 10:30 a.m. Mondays in the Children’s Storytime Room and run throughmid-July. Registration is required.
• Yoga for Kids: 11 a.m. Mondays. The library will offer a yoga class for preschool-aged children on Mondays at 11:00 a.m. beginning June 11. The program, led by Lindley Zanolli, is designed especially for younger children. The class will be held in the Community Room at the Library. Registration is required.
• Tween Craft — Summer Hat Design: 2 p.m. Monday.Tweens (ages 9-13) can stop by the library to decorate baseball caps with puff paint and bling. Hats are provided, or participants can bring their own.
• Second Monday Book Discussion Group: 3 p.m. second Monday of month. Selections include fiction and historical fiction books set in locations around the world. On Monday, the group will discuss “Death of a Dreamer: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery” by M.C. Beaton. Those interested in participating may pick up a copy of the book at the circulation desk in the library.
• Ukulele for U: 6:30 p.m. Mondays. This year, music is the theme for summer reading. To celebrate this, thelLibrary will be offering free ukulele lessons on Monday evenings. Brittany Smith, the musically inclined outreach librarian, will teach the basics of playing ukulele. Participants can either bring their own instrument or use one of the Library’s, while supplies last. Registration is required. Lessons are for ages 13 and up.
• Magic Miles: 1 p.m. Wednesday. Families are invited to be amazed by magic tricks performed by this local musician. After the show, those interested in learning how to perform easy-to-master magic tricks can check out any of the numerous books the library has on the subject.
• Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo: 10:30 a.m. Thursday. Kids of all ages are invited to get an up-close look at a variety of animals native to Australia. Tickets are required to attend this event and will be given out 30-minutes prior to the start of the program. An additional non-ticketed outreach performance will be held at 1:00 p.m. at Junction City Elementary School on the same day. Both events are free and open to the public.
• Coloring & Conversation: 6 p.m. Thursday. Many adults have rediscovered the joys of coloring as a way to relax and combat stress. The club, which is done in partnership with the Boyle County Cooperative Extension office, meets on the second Thursday of the month in the Mahan Gallery.
• Michael Evces: 2-4 p.m. June 16. The public is invited to stop by thelLibrary to enjoy acoustic guitar music by this local singer-songwriter. This free event will be held on the main floor of the library.
Call the library at (859) 238-7323, visit the website at www.BoylePubLib.org, or stop by to inquire about the Library’s children’s, ‘tween and teen activities, and adult programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration for participation.