This week at the Boyle County Public Library
Published 6:19 am Saturday, June 30, 2018
The Boyle County Public Library offers many fun, educational events throughout the year. Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a.m. Mondays, Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays, and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. This summer also offers Baby Lapsit, Yoga for Kids and ukulele lessons on Mondays, Kid’s Book Club 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Kid’s Science Clubs on Thursday mornings. In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• Adulting — Car Care: 11 a.m. today (Saturday, June 30). Part 2 of the Car Care program, this session will focus on hands-on training. Participants will learn how to change a flat tire, check fluids and other parts on a car, under the supervision of two skilled mechanics. This program is offered in partnership with the Boyle County Extension Office and will be held in the Library Park. (Rain cancels.)
• Rock Painting: 2 p.m. Monday. Patrons of all ages can design and paint rocks to spread messages of kindness. Rocks will be provided or participants can bring their own.
• French Café: 5 p.m. Monday. People of all ages can gather together in a relaxed atmosphere to practice speaking French in casual conversation. This event is great for those who are fluent speakers as well as for those who are just learning the language. The French Café will be held in the Mahan Gallery.
• Memory Lab — Think Like an Archivist: 6:30 p.m. Monday. Learn how archivists sort and organize large amounts of material and how you can apply that technique to organizing your personal archives, including what to keep and what to let go.
• Indoor Drive-in: 1 p.m. Thursday. Each participant will have time to decorate a cardboard box as their dream car, then watch an animated film in their “new car” while snacking on popcorn. Boxes will be provided or participants can bring their own. The film to be shown is a 2016 movie about an adventurous Polynesian teenage girl who sails out on a daring mission to save her people from a terrible curse. (Rated PG; 107 minutes)
• Musical Movie Night: 7 p.m. Thursday. As part of the Summer Reading Program, on select Thursdays in June and July, the library will host musical movie nights featuring popular musicals. On Thursday, a 2008 romantic comedy will be shown telling the story of a bride-to-be who is trying to discover who her father is, told using songs by the 1970s group ABBA. (Rated PG-13; 108 minutes)
• LEGO Club: 2 p.m. Friday. Held in the Storytime Room, finished LEGO creations will placed on display in the library.
Call the library at (859) 238-7323, visit the website at BoylePubLib.org, or stop by to inquire about the library’s children’s, ‘tween and teen activities, and adult programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration for participation.