Mercer County will offer neighborhood watch education programs
Published 6:36 am Friday, July 27, 2018
MERCER COUNTY CRIME STOPPERS
The 2018 Neighborhood Watch Educational Programs at all nine fire departments in Mercer County will be 7-9 p.m. in August and September. You may attend program that fits into your schedule. Help safeguard yourself and your family with Ernie Kelty and the Mercer County Sheriffs Office, Glenn Phillips and Scott Hammons with the Mercer County and Harrodsburg Fire Departments and the Mercer County Crime Stoppers Organization.
Email newsletter signup
The schedule includes:
- Terrapin Fire Department, Ky. 1160 Monday, August 6, Chief Willie McFerron
- Mercer Central Fire Department, 200 Morris Drive, Thursday, August 16, Chief Brian Steele
- Dixville Fire Department, New Dixville Road, Monday August 20, Chief David Best
- Burgin Fire Department, 116 East Main Street Burgin, Thursday August 23, Chief Lewis Sexton
- McAfee Fire Department, 2805 Louisville Road, Tuesday Sept. 4, Chief Chris Goodlett
- Harrodsburg Fire Department, Lions Park Community Center, 450 East Factory Street , Thursday September 6, Chief Scott Hammons
- Cornishville Fire Department, 4439 Cornishville Road , Monday, Sept. 17, Chief William Gasper
- Salvisa Fire Department, 165 Sugar Street Salvisa, Tuesday, Sept. 18, Chief Anthony Hamlin
Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
- How to make sure all your family members have escaped if there is a fire at your house.
- How to get free emergency alert calls regarding weather and other major threats to Mercer County.
- How to obtain a free app on your smartphone to keep all your children’s information if they are missing.
- How to get confirmation your family is safe if everyone is evacuated to different places in the USA.
- What to stock in an emergency kit to help keep you and your family safe.
- How to perform hands only CPR.
- How to stop severe blood loss.
- What to do if you are involved in an active shooter situation.
- How to make sure police/fire/EMS can find your residence in an emergency in the middle of the night.
- What are the correct and safe things to do and not to do after being stopped by law enforcement.