This week at the Boyle County Public Library
Published 6:16 am Saturday, July 28, 2018
The Boyle County Public Library offers many fun, educational events throughout the year. Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a.m. Mondays, Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays, and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• Storytime Break: July 31-Aug. 8. There will be no storytimes offered at the library from July 31 through Aug. 8. Toddler and Preschool storytimes will resume on Aug, 14 after the two-week hiatus. Homeschool Storytime will resume in September.
• Wild Earth — safariLIVE!: 9 a.m.-noon Tuesday. The library will host the award-winning, expert-hosted live sunset safari broadcast directly from the wilderness in South Africa and Kenya. The unscripted show allows viewers to interact with an expert game ranger in real time while looking for leopards, lions and cheetahs. Due to the length of the program, those planning to attend are welcome to bring drinks and snacks to enjoy while watching the safari.
Email newsletter signup
• City of Danville Community Blood Drive: 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 1 A blood drive will be held and those interested in donating may schedule an appointment online at kybloodcenter.org or by calling (800) 775-2522. Walk-ins are also welcome.
• Soul of 2nd Street History Conference: 2-6 p.m. Aug. 3. The conference will provide an opportunity to learn about local African-American history. This year the theme is local sports heroes, legends, and icons. Speakers include Eugene Johnson, Gordon Benning, Billy Reed, Mike Denis, Johnny Raines, and Mary A. Sleet. Light refreshments and history exhibits open at 2 p.m. Conference begins at 3 p.m. This free event is sponsored by the Danville-Boyle County African American Historical Society, Boyle County Public Library and the Heart of Danville. The conference will be held in the Community Room at the Library. The Soul of 2nd Street Festival will be 2-10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4 at Constitution Square.
• LEGO Club: 4 p.m. Aug. 3. The library will host LEGO Club in the Storytime Room. The finished LEGO creations will be placed on display in the Library.
Call the library at (859) 238-7323, visit the website at www.BoylePubLib.org, or stop by to inquire about the Library’s children’s, ‘tween and teen activities, and adult programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration for participation.