Casey grand jury indicts eight
The following people were indicted by a Casey County grand jury on July 23:
• Brandi M. Keith, 21: first-degree bail jumping by allegedly failing to appear for a preliminary hearing in Casey County District Court. Bond was continued and Dennis Allen, commonwealth’s detective testified.
• Monnie Sue Reed, 41, 4190 Ky. 1778, McKinney: first-degree bail jumping by allegedly failing to appear for a pretrial conference. Bond was continued and Allen testified.
• Asia L. Tucker, 26, 181 S. U.S. 27, Waynesburg: first-degree possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine; possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $1,500 cash or property. Doug Tarter with Liberty Police Department testified.
• Kaleb R. Compton, 27, 58 Hustonville St., Liberty: unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, second or greater offense; custodial interference with two children; second-degree persistent felony offender; third-degree terroristic threatening when he allegedly threatened to kill the Casey County Sheriff; second-degree disorderly conduct; first-degree criminal trespassing. Bond continued from district court. Casey County Sheriff Jerry Coffman testified.
• Shannon Renee Lawhorn, also known as Shannon Renee Brown, 41, 4693 Little South Road, Gravel Switch: first-degree possession of a controlled substance, meth; first-degree promoting contraband into the Casey County Detention Center; two counts first-degree persistent felony offender; tampering with physical evidence; possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond was continued from district court. Coffman testified.
• Jordan Alexander Lynn, 30, 8434 Ky. 49, Liberty: driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, fourth offense; driving on a DUI suspended license, second offense; theft by unlawful taking for allegedly taking a pickup truck valued between $500 and $10,000; first-degree criminal mischief by allegedly destroying or damaging a pickup truck causing more than $1,000 of damage; resisting arrest; two counts leaving the scene of an accident or failure to render aid. Bond was continued from district court. Geoff Brown with the CCSO testified.
• Ricky N. Simpson, 35, 2090 Ky. 379, Russell Springs: receiving stolen property valued between $500 and $10,000; first-degree persistent felony offender; driving on a DUI-suspended license; no registration receipt; no or expired registration plates; failure to maintain liability insurance. Bond was continued from district court. Brown testified.
• James Shell, 53, 1112 Pee Dee Creek Road, Liberty: cultivating more than five marijuana plants; first-degree persistent felony offender. Bail was set at $7,500 cash. Det. Clint Walker with the Kentucky State Police Cannabis Suppression department testified.