This week at the Boyle County Public Library , November 24
The Science in Play 2Go exhibit is currently on display in the Children’s Library. Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a.m. Mondays, Coding Classes 4 p.m. Mondays, Adult Education Classes 5 p.m. Mondays , Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays, and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• Tween Comic Book Club: 4:30 p.m. Monday. Participants ages 9-13 will discuss the graphic novel Brave by Svetlana Chmakova, preview new graphic novels, and play themed games.
• Adult How To — Make Homemade Gifts: 6 p.m. Monday. During the holiday season it can be difficult to find time and money to buy gifts for family and friends. Unleash your inner upcycling crafter and learn how to make sentimental gifts at home. Alethea Price with the Boyle County Cooperative Extension Office will facilitate this event.
• Teen Book Club: 4 p.m. Tuesday. The book club, for ages 13-18, will be discussing Warcross by Marie Lu. Snacks will be provided. To receive a copy of the book, register at the Library.
• Murder Mystery — Mummified Murder: 6 p.m. Tuesday. When the local museum discovers that their newly displayed mummy is a fake, and that the fake is actually the body of the assistant curator, mayhem and accusations fly! Participants will interview real-life actors and comb through elaborate crime scenes to solve the puzzle. A classic who-done-it mystery in an after-hours interactive theatre performance. Registration is required to participate in this event. Call the library or sign up at the circulation desk. (Ages 13 and up.)
• National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) wrap-up: 4:30 p.m. Thursday. NaNoWriMo participants (ages 9-18) are invited to come in for a final workshop as they finish up their novels or get feedback from other writers. More information about National Novel Writing Month can be found at nanowrimo.org. This workshop will be held in the Storytime Room.
• BCPL Trivia Night: 7 p.m. Thursday. The library will celebrate its 125th anniversary next month. As a lead up to the big event, weekly trivia nights will be held in the Community Room at the library. Patrons can play trivia with a team to win items like tote bags, pens, travel mugs, and more. The categories will feature questions on BCPL, Kentucky libraries, and general library facts. All ages and families are welcome.
• Beyblades Battle: 4:30 p.m. Friday. Tweens (ages 9-13) can play with others in a Beyblades battle. Players can bring their own Beyblade tops or use those provided by the library to use in the battle arena. This event will be held in the Storytime Room.
• SIP2GO Extra Events — Teen & Tween After-Hours (Friday) and Special Needs Night (Saturday): Science in Play 2Go (SIP2GO) is a traveling exhibit from the Kentucky Science Center, currently on display at the library through Dec. 2. The exhibit features six family-friendly learning stations: Ball Fall Wall; Build Your Own Rollercoaster; Giant Light Brite; Build Your World giant foam blocks; Shapes & Stuff Store; and the Science Depot. SIP2GO was designed for ages 8 and under, but guest of all ages, skills, and abilities are welcome and encouraged to play.
To provide additional time in the exhibit, the library will host two Science in Play 2Go after-hours events. On Friday, from 6-8 p.m., teens and tweens (ages 10-18) are invited to play in the SIP2GO exhibit after regular library hours. Registration is required to attend this event.
On Saturday, Dec. 1, from 5-7 p.m., the library will also host SIP2GO: Special Needs Night, an after-hours event for patrons with special needs and their families. Guests will be able to explore the different SIP2GO learning stations at their own pace. A quiet room will also be available for those guests who need some time away from the noise and activity. Registration is not required to attend.
• Pictures with Santa: 2-4 p.m. Dec. 1. The library will host “Pictures with Santa,” sponsored by the Heart of Danville. Santa will visit with children and listen to their Christmas wishes while posing for photos. This event will be held in the Reading Room at the library and is free of charge. After seeing Santa, stop by the Community Room to enjoy a fun holiday craft.
• Children’s Ornament Workshop: 2-4 p.m. Dec. 1. Guests can choose from three ornament designs to make and take home. This program will be held in the Storytime Room.
Call (859) 238-7323, visit the website at www.BoylePubLib.org, or stop by to inquire about the Library’s children’s, ‘tween and teen activities, and adult programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration for participation.