This week at the Boyle County Public Library, Dec. 8
Weekly programs include Adult Storytime 9 a.m. Mondays, Coding Classes 4 p.m. Mondays, Adult Education Classes 5 p.m. Mondays, Crafters Who Care 6 p.m. Mondays and Storytimes on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. On Friday, the library will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m.
In addition to these weekly events, the following library-sponsored programs are scheduled for this week:
• Memories Worth Remembering Reading: 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Authors who participated in the recent Memories Worth Remembering writing workshop will read from their recollections, each with a unique voice and perspective. This event will be held in the Community Room.
• Chess Club: 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. All ages and skill levels are welcome to come play (or learn how to play) the game of chess. This event will be held in the Mahan Gallery.
• Children’s Ornament Workshop: 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9. Guests can choose from three ornament designs to make and take home. This program will be held in the Storytime Room. For ages 8 and under.
• Second Monday Book Discussion Group: 3 p.m. Monday. Selections include fiction and historical fiction books set in locations around the world. This Monday, the group will discuss “1222” by Anne Holt. Those interested in participating may pick up a copy of the book at the circulation desk.
• I Survived — 1893 Breakout: 4:30 p.m. Monday. The library was founded in 1893. On Monday, tweens are invited to an I Survived: 1893 breakout event. Participants will try to beat the breakout game by surviving the various challenges and disasters that occurred that year. For ages 9-13.
• Mindfulness Monday — Snow Floam: 6 p.m. Monday. This monthly series combines crafting and mindfulness education. Enjoy an hour of mindfulness while making snow floam. Participants will focus on shaping and squishing the floam to help relieve some stress.
• KidStir: 4 p.m. Tuesday. A cooking class for kids where, this month, participants will be decorating cookies. Registration is required. Class size is limited to 20. For ages 5-8.
• Gingerbread Zombies: 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Teens and tweens are invited to put a fun twist on a classic holiday activity by decorating gingerbread cookies as zombies. For ages 9-18.
• Coloring & Conversation: 6 p.m. Thursday. Many adults have rediscovered the joys of coloring as a way to relax and combat stress. The club, which is done in partnership with the Boyle County Cooperative Extension office, meets on the second Thursday of the month in the Mahan Gallery.
• BCPL Trivia Night: 7 p.m. Thursdays. The library will celebrate its 125th anniversary next month. As a lead up to the big event, weekly trivia nights will be held in December on Thursday evenings in the Community Room at the library. Patrons can play trivia with a team to win items like tote bags, pens, travel mugs, and more. The categories will feature questions on BCPL, Kentucky libraries and general library facts. All ages and families are welcome.
• Origami Club: 4:30 p.m. Friday. Tweens can improve their skills at origami by trying out new projects. Many tutorials with varying levels of difficulty will be available. For ages 9-13.
Call (859) 238-7323, visit www.BoylePubLib.org, or stop by to inquire about children’s, ‘tween and teen activities, and adult programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration for participation.
STAFF REPORT email@example.com LOUISVILLE — Area Farm Bureau chapters and members received numerous awards during Kentucky Farm Bureau’s annual meeting... read more