Six indicted in Lincoln County
The following people were indicted by a Lincoln County grand jury on Nov. 29:
• Gary Cody Merrell, 30: first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor by knowingly inducing, assisting or causing a minor under age 16 to engage in illegal sexual activity; first-degree sodomy with a person less than 12 years old; first-degree rape of a person less than 12; first-degree sexual abuse of a person younger than 12; use of a minor in a sexual performance of a person younger than 16; tampering with physical evidence. Bail was set at $200,000 and Gary Adam Hall with the Kentucky State Police testified.
• Heather Lynn Murphy, Elizabethtown: complicity to first-degree unlawful transaction with a minor; complicity to first-degree sodomy; complicity to first-degree rape; complicity to first-degree sexual abuse; complicity to use a minor in a sexual performance. Bail was set at $100,000 and Hall testified.
The following people were indicted directly on Dec. 13:
• Julie M. Powell: theft by unlawful taking of a controlled substance.
• Steven Oscar Saylor: first-degree wanton endangerment.
• Aaron Ray French: first-degree possession of a controlled substance, cocaine.
• Jason Carman: first-degree possession of a controlled substance, meth