Casey County grand jury indicts eight
The following people were indicted by a Casey County grand jury on Dec. 14:
• Chad Allen Peyton, 34, Liberty: first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance second offense, methamphetamine; possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $15,000 cash. Bryan Shepard with the Casey County Sheriff’s Office testified.
• Kari Tamsen Hogue, 33, Liberty: first-degree possession of a controlled substance, meth; possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail was set at $1,500 cash or property. Ronnie Smith with the Liberty Police Department testified.
The following people were indicted by the grand jury on Jan. 3:
• Jason E. Caldwell, 29, Yosemite: first-degree assault. Bail was set at $100,000 cash. Levi Scott with the Kentucky State Police testified.
• Ronna Lynn Carmicle, 45, Liberty: possession of a handgun by a convicted felon. Bail was set at $10,000 cash and Shepard testified.
• Todd Mitchell Emerson, 54, Liberty: theft by unlawful taking of property valued between $500 and $10,000 including a fan, three water hoses, a shovel, a dolly, several flower pots and a trash can, along with other miscellaneous items belonging to True’s Electric; third-degree criminal mischief. Bail was set at $1,500 cash or property. Jayson Grider with LPD testified.
• Dewey Clark Anderson, 54, Russell Springs; possession of a handgun by a convicted felon; carrying a concealed weapon by prior deadly weapon felony offender; possession of marijuana; possession of drug paraphernalia; driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, second offense; careless driving; rear license not illuminated. Bail was set at $2,500 cash. Billy Begley with KSP testified.
• Amy Lynn Lambert, 39, Waynesburg: first-degree bail jumping by failing to appear for an arraignment. No bond was issued. Commonwealth’s detective Dennis Allen testified. First-degree possession of a controlled substance, meth, third offense; possession of drug paraphernalia; public intoxication. Bail was set at $2,500 cash or property. Steven Garrett with LPD testified.
• Joseph W. Cooper, 20, address unknown: three counts receiving stolen property valued between $500 and $10,000 (two vehicles and a diagnostic scanner); three counts first-degree criminal mischief; three counts theft by unlawful taking of property valued between $500 and $10,000 (two vehicles and other property); first-degree burglary at Davenport’s Grocery; third-degree criminal mischief; first-degree fleeing or evading police on foot; resisting arrest; menacing. No bond was set. Chad Weddle with the CCSO testified.
STAFF REPORT email@example.com A registered sex offender was arrested Wednesday afternoon after allegedly making several sexually threatening calls to local... read more