39th Annual Children’s Charity Golf Classic set for June 21-22
CHILDREN’S CHARITY FUND OF THE BLUEGRASS
LEXINGTON — The 39th annual Children’s Charity Golf Classic will be June 21-22 at Griffin Gate Golf and Country Club, 1800 Newtown Pike, and Greenbrier Golf and Country Club, 2179 Bahama Road.
The celebrity golf classic is the signature event for the Children’s Charity Fund of the Bluegrass, which has raised more than $13.5 million for children in Central Kentucky. Last month, the Children’s Charity Fund of the Bluegrass awarded grants to 47 charitable agencies totaling more than $350,000 based on proceeds from the 2018 Classic.
Back this year will be Children’s Charity veterans former World Series champion and National League Gold Glove recipient Doug Flynn, Cincinnati Reds great and Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench and UK HOOPS coach Matthew Mitchell.
Celebrities expected to participate in this year’s tournament include:
• UK alum and ESPN anchor Michael Eaves
• Georgia’s all-time winningest basketball coach Hugh Durham
• Comedians Jeff Jena, Michael Finney and Scott Henry
• MLB players Jose Alvarez, Brett Butler and Rawly Eastwick
• UK and NBA players Jack “Goose” Givens and Walter McCarty
• UK, WNBA and ABL player and Women’s Basketball Hall of Famer Valerie Still
• UK and NFL player Art Still
• Cincinnati Bengals players Ken Anderson and Jim Breech
• Actors Nick Searcy from “Justified,” “The Shape of Water” and “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri;” David Carpenter from “Gods and Generals” and “Crimes of the Heart;” and John Ashton from “Beverly Hills Cop” and “Midnight Run.”
Other Children’s Charity Golf Classic events include:
• Children’s Charity Cabaret Show & Dinner, presented by Haymaker Development Co., 6 p.m. Thursday, June 20, Lexington Center Bluegrass Ballroom
• Bid Party, presented by Mark and Kim Sweazy, 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 21, Lexington Center Bluegrass Ballroom.
Those not participating in this year’s Golf Classic events may still contribute to the cause by purchasing a raffle ticket to win one of four 2019 cars donated by Gates Auto Family in Richmond. Tickets, $50 each, may be purchased online until 10 p.m. June 26 at www.childrenscharityofthebluegrass.org/carraffle/. The drawing for the car will be June 28.
For more information, please contact Jeff Anderson at 859.566.1206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The road former Boyle County High School track and field standout Cody Cooper’s career has taken has been far from... read more