New Kentucky Chamber president visits Danville
Published 6:31 pm Friday, December 13, 2019
KY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
In her first months as the new president and CEO of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Ashli Watts visited Danville on Wednesday, December 11 to meet community leaders and discuss the business community’s priorities ahead of the 2020 legislative session.
Email newsletter signup
The 2020 legislative preview tour is aimed at familiarizing members of local chambers of commerce with the priorities of the Kentucky Chamber. The business community’s top priorities for the 2020 session include:
- investing in Kentucky’s infrastructure;
- continuing pension reform;
- enacting sports wagering;
- curbing tobacco use;
- preparing our workforce;
- continuing pro-growth tax reform;
- reforming Kentucky’s criminal justice system;
- ensuring patient protection;
- allowing principal selection;
- improving early childhood education; and
- improving Kentucky’s legal liability climate.
This stop is one of the first on Watts’ tour of 19 local communities before the new year. Learn more about the 2020 legislative preview tour at kychamberbottomline.com.