Danville Police Department activity: Feb. 23-24
DANVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Here is a glimpse of some activity on Feb. 23 from the Danville Police Department.
“The men and women of the department stay extremely busy with high call volume but remain dedicated to safeguarding the community and providing prompt, professional service,” said Glenn Doan, assistant police chief.
- 2:17 a.m. — K-9 Officer David Lewis conducted a traffic stop near Quisenberry Avenue and his K-9 partner Samu was deployed. After a positive indication, a search of the vehicle was conducted that yielded drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine. Solana H. Watson, 25, was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance first offense (meth) and possession of drug paraphernalia. While at the Boyle County Detention Center, additional meth was found concealed on Watson’s person by jail staff. Additional charges of tampering with physical evidence and promoting contraband were added by Officer Lewis.
- 1 p.m. — Officers responded to an altercation in progress at the Kroger gas pumps. A verbal altercation began after comments were made over gas pumping stations/parking. Upon checking video and speaking with witnesses, it was determined that Timothy L. Johnson, 55, was the instigating party and attempted to throw punches at the adult male victim and threw the victim’s wife to the ground when she attempted to intervene. The victim was able to defend himself even after Johnson’s 20-year-old son became involved. The altercation had ended upon police arrival. Johnson was cited for fourth-degree assault and third-degree criminal mischief for damage caused to the victim’s vehicle during the altercation.
- 5:34 p.m. — Officer Aaron Sparks was investigating a possible shoplifting at Dollar General store on Hustonville Road when he stopped a vehicle that may have been involved. During the investigation, Officer Sparks discovered drug paraphernalia and a small baggie of suspected methamphetamine inside the vehicle. Amanda N. Padgett, 37, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance first offense (meth) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- 5:09 p.m. — Officer Brandon Jewell responded to an intoxicated male stumbling and yelling on Main Street. Upon arrival, Officer Jewell located Mikhail Chetverukhin, 44, and determined he was under the influence. Chetverukhin was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication third offense within 12 months.
- 12:23 a.m. — Officers investigated a burglary that occurred at Long Run Community Apartments. One male identified as Antwon Baker, 18, along with a juvenile male, unlawfully entered an apartment and attempted to assault one of the juvenile residents, who is 16 years old. Baker and the other male fled the scene before the arrival of police. Baker was found during a traffic stop at 2:30 a.m. and was arrested for fourth-degree assault, second-degree burglary and second-degree unlawful transaction with a minor.
KYTC News release The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC), advises that the plan for the US 150 bridge is progressing. ... read more