EMH to offer additional COVID-19 vaccination dose for immunocompromised individuals
Ephraim McDowell Health will offer (walk-in and scheduled) additional COVID-19 vaccination dose (Moderna) for immunocompromised individuals beginning Thursday, Aug. 19. COVID-19 vaccination series (Moderna) for non-immunocompromised individuals who are not fully vaccinated will also be available.
Immunocompromised individuals include people with different health conditions that can weaken the immune system including:
• Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
• Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
• Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within two years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (for example, DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (for example, ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
The schedule for the remainder of August is as follows:
Boyle County Extension Office — 99 Corporate Drive off Lebanon Road in Danville
• Tuesday, Aug. 17 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 19 – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 20 – 7:30 a.m. to noon
• Saturday, Aug. 21 – 7:30 a.m. to noon
• Tuesday, Aug. 24 – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Thursday, Aug. 26 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Friday, Aug. 27 – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Saturday, Aug. 28 – 7:30 a.m. to noon
• Tuesday, Aug. 31 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Scheduled appointments are also available and can be made by filling out the online request form at www.emhealth.org (click on the “For More Information” button) or by calling (859) 936-8350 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you need transportation to our vaccine clinic, please call Blue Grass Community Action Partnership at (800) 456-6571. This applies only to residents in Boyle, Casey, Garrard, Lincoln, Mercer and Washington counties. Parking at the Boyle County Extension Office is available behind the building.