Ephraim McDowell Health offering new service for homebound patients
Published 7:00 am Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Ephraim McDowell Health is now offering a new service for individuals who have trouble leaving or can’t leave their home. Ephraim McDowell Mobile Medical can provide a nurse practitioner who comes into your home to provide short-term or ongoing care to meet your medical needs.
Who qualifies for this service?
Ephraim McDowell Mobile Medical is accepting patients in Boyle, Mercer, Garrard, Lincoln, and Casey counties. You may qualify if you have difficulty leaving your home due to medical conditions or physical limitations. The staff will come into your home when going to a clinic is not an option for you physically. The staff can also make visits at assisted living facilities or wherever you call “home”.
The services offered include:
• Annual wellness visits
• Routine to complex medical care
• Management of chronic disorders
• Coordination of diagnostic testing such as blood work, X-rays, podiatry care and specialty consults
• Caregiver guidance and support
• Care coordination with your home health agency, assisted living facility and other medical providers
• Medication refills
• Orders for durable medical equipment, oxygen and medical supplies
• Advanced care planning
• Wound care and other procedures
• Face-to-face visits for home health and ongoing certifications
Home-based primary care services offers many benefits to patients. It allows the provider to personalize your appointments while spending time in your environment to help you reach your health goals.
Other benefits include:
• Reducing unplanned emergency room visits and hospitalizations
• Reducing patient and caregiver stress levels
• Promoting collaboration with other healthcare providers
Ephraim McDowell Mobile Medical’s office is located at 125 Portman Avenue in Stanford. To schedule appointments or inquire about care, please call (606) 365-3378.