Community events and meetings announcements – Sept. 5
Published 3:47 pm Monday, September 5, 2022
• The Garden Club of Danville will meet at 1 p.m. Sept. 7 at the Presbyterian Church. The program will be Herbs. The speaker will be Babette Overman with Nature Thyme Herb Club. Pot-et-Fleur is the floral design for the meeting. The horticulture specimen is a Potted Culinary Herb, or any worthy specimen from your garden. The public and prospective members are welcome. To learn more about the Garden Club, go to Facebook, Garden Club of Danville, or call 859-583-4805.
• There will be a special called meeting of the Airport Board held on Wednesday, September 7 at 4pm at the Airport.
• The Danville Boyle County African American Historical Society is meeting Tuesday, September 6 at 7:00 p.m. at the History Center, 108 North Second Street.
Email newsletter signup
• The Central Kentucky African American Cemetery Association is meeting Friday, September 9.
• Trinity Church will present a solo organ concert by Schuyler Robinson on Sunday, September 11 at 2:00. Robinson is an acclaimed organist and teacher who has served on the faculties of the University of Kentucky and Warren Wilson College in Asheville, NC. The concert is free with donations accepted to benefit the “Backpacks for Kids” program. A reception will follow the concert.
• The Boyle County branch of the Kentucky Women’s Network announces a program Tuesday Sept. 13 at 7 p.m. on The Needs of Kentucky Seniors and How the Kentucky Legislature Could Help. The speaker is Eric Evans, advocacy spokesman for AARP. The program will be held at the Inter-County Energy Cooperative Community Room at 1009 Hustonville Road, Danville. Everyone is welcome.
• Memorial High School will be having a multi-year reunion Sept. 17 at Greer Park in Kings Mountain. The park is located on Highway 501 west of Kings Mountain. The gate will open at 3 p.m. and the meal will be at 5 p.m. The meat and drinks will be provided, so please bring a side or a dessert. If you graduated or attended Memorial you are welcome. For more information, call Jackie Greer at 859-582-3225, or Lanny Hubbard at 606-365-9579.
• Mercer County High School Class of 1972 is having a 50th class reunion on Sept. 24. RSVP by Sept. 10 to Teresa Tewmey at 615-545-5242, or email@example.com.