Published 10:39 am Tuesday, September 13, 2022
• The Boyle County branch of the Kentucky Women’s Network announces a program Tuesday Sept. 13 at 7 p.m. on The Needs of Kentucky Seniors and How the Kentucky Legislature Could Help. The speaker is Eric Evans, advocacy spokesman for AARP. The program will be held at the Inter-County Energy Cooperative Community Room at 1009 Hustonville Road, Danville. Everyone is welcome.
• The Boyle County Genealogical and Historical Society will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, September 13, in the community room at Boyle County Public Library. Stuart Sanders of Danville, director of Research and Collections at Kentucky Historical Society, will be speaker. He has written four books, including “Perryville Under Fire, Aftermath of Kentucky’s Largest Civil War Battle”, “Battle of Mill Springs, Kentucky”, and “Maney’s Confederate Brigade at the Battle of Perryville.” His latest book is “Murder on the Ohio Belle”. Visitors are welcome.
• Downtown Danville is holding the Third Thursdays event on Sept. 15. Many downtown businesses will be open past normal business hours until 8 p.m. or later. The Hub will feature a trivia contest, Plaid Elephant Books will be celebrating International Dot Day, and artwork by local middle school, high school and college students will be on display at the Night Owl Art Gallery. The Art Center of the Bluegrass will be hosting free art-making activities in the back parking lot that relate to the current Stephen Rolfe Powell exhibit. The Poosey Ridge Ramblers will be at Derby Shoppe and Raggs. Food trucks will be available, and the Entertainment District will be in effect from 5 pm to 9 pm. You can take an alcoholic drink (purchased from a licensed establishment) ‘to go’ while you window shop downtown or eat dinner in the park.
Email newsletter signup
• There will be a meeting of the Danville-Boyle County Airport Board on Thursday, September 15th at 4:00PM on the airfield.
• Boyle County Fire Department Board of Trustees will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 6 pm at the Boyle County Fire Department Headquarters at 1500 Lebanon Road, in Danville.