Letter to the editor
Published 8:11 am Tuesday, October 25, 2022
My letter is written in the strongest support of Magistrate Tom Ellis in his campaign for re-election to serve on Fiscal Court District One representing Western Boyle County.
Having know Magistrate Ellis years before he ran for office, I can attest to his Christian walk, compassion for people and dedication to his constituents, not only in district one, but all across Boyle County.
Over the past four years, Magistrate Ellis has answered hundreds of inquiries from the citizens of his district – always responding within a day or less. Major projects in Western Boyle County include:
Email newsletter signup
• Widening and renovation of Chaplin River Bridge – along with a new citizen walkway in Perryville;
• Water system improvements in Parksville and Perryville;
• A new AT&T cell tower on Whites Ridge;
• Roadway improvements on Parksville and Mitchellsburg Knobs;
• Securing dozens of Museum pieces for Forkland and Perryville;
• Numerous District Public Forums over the past four years.
My family history includes my Great-Great Grandfather settling in what became known as Hogue Holler in the early 1800s. My family feels very strongly about re-electing Tom Ellis. On that note, I sat with him and my 97-year-old World War II veteran father, when they recorded radio spots endorsing Magistrate Ellis’ re-election campaign.
Come out on November 8 and vote for continued dedicated service in Western Boyle County. Please vote to re-elect Tom Ellis, District One Magistrate.
— Jim Hogue, Danville