Morning Pointe invites community to share hobbies
Published 8:22 am Friday, January 6, 2023
During January, Morning Pointe Senior Living campuses across the Southeast will celebrate the theme Happy About Hobbies as a way to invite community involvement in engaging residents with popular pastimes.
For example, community partners may be willing to donate an item that will introduce residents to a new hobby, or they might want to get involved with a hobby fair or share a hobby of their own.
Email newsletter signup
“Residents come to our communities with a lifetime of experience, passions and skills and we want to focus on, share, explore and learn from our residents,” said Amanda Baushke, Morning Pointe’s vice president of life enrichment. “With our monthly theme, Happy About Hobbies, our hope is for community members to come alongside our residents and share these hobbies together.”
Volunteer ideas for the month include:
• Playing board games or card games with residents
• Donating art supplies or leading an art group
• Sharing a culinary talent/cooking with a group of residents
• Leading a sing-along
• Sharing about your own hobby and bringing in examples
Please contact your local Morning Pointe community to plug in to their volunteer opportunities about hobbies.
“Everybody’s got a hobby, so this month is full of opportunities,” said Greg A. Vital, Morning Pointe Co-Founder and President. “We can’t wait to see what hidden talents our residents have to share and what fun hobbies local community members bring to enrich our residents’ lives.”
Other themes at Morning Pointe Senior Living throughout 2023 include:
• February – Wrap Your Building in Love
• March – World of Wellness
• April – Easter Extravaganza
• May – Fabulous Flower Shower
• June – Dog Days of Summer
• July – God Bless the USA
• August – Back to School
• September – Celebrating our Seniors
• October – Pumpkin Palooza
• November – Thankful Trees
• December – Festival of Trees
Founded in 1997 by Tennessee healthcare entrepreneurs Greg A. Vital and Franklin Farrow, Morning Pointe Senior Living owns and operates 37 assisted living, personal care and Alzheimer’s memory care communities in five southeastern states.