Danville commission recognizes DHS girls basketball
Published 1:23 pm Thursday, April 6, 2023
During the Danville City Commission meeting on March 27, Mayor James J.H. Atkins recognized the Danville High School Lady Admirals Basketball team for their new season record of 30-3, being undefeated in district games, and for making it to the finals in the 12th region championship.
In other news from the meeting:
• The city is reviewing the Historic District Overlay as several non-historic buildings are located in the district and business owners in said buildings have expressed frustration at the more stringent requirements for signage.
Email newsletter signup
• The Kentucky School for the Deaf will be celebrating its 200th anniversary from April 10 through April 16. A banner will be displayed at city hall and signs will displayed on light poles in town with information on the celebration.
• Jim Brown has been appointed to the Board of Adjustments.
• 2 tracts of land at the intersection of Highway 2168 and Shakertown Rd have been rezoned from agricultural to institutional campus district. Although Danville Christian Academy is not requesting the change, it is being done in anticipation of DCA possibly expanding.
• The city has approved a bid of $189,500 for the removal and cleaning of the granular activated carbon filter at the water treatment plant.
• The the city has a approved a bid of $85.420 for a new back up pump at the Pump Spears Creek Pump Station.