Walmart set to unveil renovated Danville store
Published 1:49 pm Thursday, May 18, 2023
Walmart customers will soon be welcomed inside the newly transformed Danville location at 100 Walton Ave. A ribbon cutting will mark the grand reopening at 9 a.m. Friday. The event will include several national and local vendors, food trucks and a community-inspired mural unveiling by Danville artist, Malinda Raines.
Following the supercenter’s re-grand opening, local associates, truck drivers and others from the community will recognize Trell Bradley during a Walmart Heart event from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Bradley was born with Nonketotic hyperglycinemia, a rare, inherited amino acid condition. The Walmart Heart program was started in 2006 by a group of Walmart truck drivers and associates dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities.
Email newsletter signup
“Every update made within our store is intentional and allows us to not only better serve our customers, but also provide our associates with an updated work environment, ” said store manager Mark Morgan. “In addition to our in store upgrades, we are proud to host Trell Bradley and his family for a Walmart Heart event on Saturday. This program is so special to our associates and drivers and we are excited to rally around the Bradley’s.”
The mission of Walmart Heart is to make a child feel special and to provide them a break from their normal daily routines. The celebration kicks off by making the child an honorary Walmart truck driver and providing them with their very own uniform shirt. Once the child is made an honorary Walmart driver, they ride in a semi-truck parade to the local Walmart Store where a celebration will be held in their honor. This event is the first out of the Laurel County Transportation Office in London.
• Streamlined checkout, additional associate and customer self checkouts, including Walmart Plus and Smart Shopper lanes
• New flooring throughout the store
• New store fixtures
• Addition of 20 stalls and relocation of online grocery pickup and delivery to a more convenient location
• New product lines in the baby department
• New signage throughout
• Refreshed pharmacy
• Enhanced Auto Care Center service area
• Refreshed restrooms for customers
• Added a Mothers Room
• Fresh paint both inside and out
• Updated vestibules at entrances
• Improved the layout throughout the store
• New meat cases and produce and bakery tables
• New Grab & Go Deli/Lunch Items at the front of the store
To reinforce Walmart’s dedication to the communities it serves, the store manager presented $1,000 contributions to Sunrise Children’s Home, New Hope Food Bank, The Brass Band Festival, and the local Chamber of Commerce.
The Supercenter’s new mural, designed and illustrated by local Danville artist, Malinda Raines, is an eye-catching piece that reflects the diversity and local cultures of Danville, and is part of Walmart’s Community Mural Program, the largest public-facing art installation celebrating communities across America. The mural features community events such as The Great American Brass Band Festival and local team Rebels’ Titletown State Football Championship win and city landmarks Perryville Battlefield and the Pioneer Playhouse. Walmart’s Community Mural Program is an important part of each store transformation and furthers Walmart’s commitment to the local community.
Danville’s Walmart transformations are a part of Walmart’s Signature Experience, which seeks to inspire customers and elevate their in-store experience. Other upgrades at the Danville Walmart Supercenter include:
• Activated corners: Exciting displays are featured at the corners of certain departments to pull customers in and help them touch, feel and become a part of the space, allowing them to discover all that Walmart has to offer.
• Elevated departments: Transformed stores feature displays showcasing products that are out of their boxes so customers can imagine them fitting into their daily lives.
• More space to discover: Walmart has purposefully created more space for customers to explore and discover the breadth and depth of what their local store has to offer.
• Pickup – Walmart’s Pickup option has become a favorite among busy shoppers. It provides the convenience of online shopping and allows them to quickly collect their groceries without stepping out of their vehicles. The best part is that Walmart Grocery Pickup is completely free of charge. Furthermore, customers using SNAP in most states have the option to avail themselves of the pickup service as well.
• Delivery – Walmart’s convenient delivery service is also a hit with customers. Even more, Walmart has now made both pickup and delivery contact free. Express delivery – customers now have the option to have their deliveries made in under two hours.
• Walmart Pay – a touch-free way to pay.