Perryville council announces new budget
Published 2:21 pm Friday, June 9, 2023
BY LANCE GAITHER
During the Perryville City Council meeting on June 1, the council approved the first reading of the city’s budget for the 2023 to 2024 year. The budget is as follows,
Email newsletter signup
• A beginning balance of $653842.58
• Estimated revenues totaling %463,990
• Estimated expenses totaling $721,927.27
• An estimated year end balance of $395,905.31
City Clerk Ingrid Walker is resigning from her position.
“Thank you for the support and opportunities you have provided me,” Walker said in her resignation letter. “I have enjoyed my tenure with the city of Perryville and am grateful for the encouragement you have given me in pursing my professional growth.”
The council is continuing to accept applications for her replacement.
In other news from the meeting:
• A surplus police cruiser was sold for $1,300
• The city has approved the placement of a Little Free Library Box by the fire station in Harbeson Park.
• A budget of $2,000 has been given to Main Street Perryville program.