Pet of the Week
Published 11:40 am Thursday, July 20, 2023
BY KARI KUH
Danville-Boyle County Humane Society
Leo and Finn, two handsome, happy boys, are this week’s featured pets who are ready to join your family.
Email newsletter signup
What can we say about Leo? He’s so sweet and carefree that you can’t help smiling with him. He’s a big boy with a giant head, and, at two-and-a-half years old, Leo’s still got puppy energy. Be prepared to play! In his short time at the humane society, he’s met several new people (including children), and Leo has charmed them all.
Leo’s favorite thing is Zoomies. He zigzags across the yard and spins gleefully until tiring, then plops down in the shade to hang with the human. A volunteer is working with Leo on basic commands, and Leo is showing promise. Take him home, continue training him, and be rewarded with a friend for life!
Chocolate Labrador retrievers are known for their brown coat and affectionate, adaptable, and outgoing demeanor. That’s our Finn! We know Finn loves humans of all ages, but we haven’t had a chance to test him with doggie friends. Finn is confident and friendly, which is a good sign that he’ll get along with other dogs.
Like Leo, Finn enjoys yard time, playing with toys, and splashing in the baby pool. The more water, the better; take him swimming and see how much he loves it! Finn also adores attention and appreciates all affection. In return, he’ll adore you, too. This loving, intelligent, and funny dog will make a great companion for anyone. Find out today!
Leo and Finn will be fixed, microchipped, and neutered before going home. Apply now: dbchs.org/adopt and meet these cool dudes at DBCHS between 1-4 pm Monday through Friday. We hope to see you soon!
Both Leo and Finn were found as strays but clearly had a home at one point. July is National Lost Pet Prevention Month, and the stats are staggering: one in three pets will go missing in their lifetime, and only 20% of those lost pets get reunited with their families. Leo and Finn are part of the other 80%. Get your pet spayed or neutered because fixed pets are less likely to wander. Microchip your cat or dog because a microchip is like a permanent ID tag. Finally, ensure your yard and home are secure, so your animals can’t escape.
Help us keep people and their pets together, and follow the Lost/Stray Pets page at www.facebook.com/DBCHSlostpets, share our posts, and look out for the pets in your neighborhood. More here:dbchs.org/lost-found-pets.
DBCHS’s mission is to promote the humane treatment of animals through compassionate care, engagement, and support. The non-profit 501 (c)(3) was established in 1971 and is dependent on monetary gifts from generous individuals and businesses in our community. To donate, please visit DBCHS.org/give or mail a check to DBCHS P.O. Box 487, Danville, KY 40423-0487. Your gift makes a difference in animals’ lives.