Published 11:41 am Thursday, July 20, 2023
• Danville Police responded at 12:10 a.m. on July 11 to a disturbance at Holiday Inn. It was reported that a subject was under the influence and being verbally aggressive. On arrival officers observed the subject in question identified as 27-year-old Clifton Lewis of Bowling Green. Upon seeing the officers Lewis fled into a field and attempted to hide in the dense undergrowth. Officers located Lewis and took him into custody on charges of alcohol intoxication in public and fleeing police on foot.
• Danville Police responded at 1:02 a.m. on July 11 to a single-vehicle collision on Waveland Avenue. A Chevrolet Traverse was found off the roadway in a yard. The operator had lost control of the vehicle while traveling south on Waveland Avenue. Evidence suggested that the operator had been texting and was under the influence of alcohol. Christine Jackson, 42, was taken into custody on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, no registration plates, failure to maintain insurance and communication device violation.
• Danville Police responded at 12:43 p.m. on July 12 to Allene Drive for a 911 call. The subject stated they needed police, fire and EMS but would not state a reason. When at the residence officers located no immediate need for emergency services. Police did suspect the 911 caller Christopher Cornett, 39, of Danville to be under the influence of alcoholic beverages and narcotics. Cornett falsely claimed family members were missing and wanted them to take DNA from a vodka bottle. Cornett was taken into custody on charges of violation of a Kentucky EPO/DVO, falsely reporting an incident and disorderly conduct.
Email newsletter signup
• Danville Police responded at 9:49 p.m. on July 12 to a domestic situation on Hill N Dale Drive. The investigation determined that Johnnie Palmer, 72, of Canton, Ohio, had become irate at his spouse and committed a domestic violence assault. Palmer was outside beating on the door and refusing to leave just prior to police arrival. At the conclusion of the investigation Palmer was taken into custody and charged with assault 4th degree (domestic violence) minor injury.
• Danville Police responded at 11:22 a.m. on July 13 to an injury collision on Hustonville Road involving a moped. The operator claimed that a vehicle had clipped the moped resulting in the crash. Three witnesses advised the moped operator was turning, lost control and crashed. The rider suffered a severe leg injury. Further investigation revealed the moped had been reported stolen from Lexington. Ronnyeia Lindsay, 25, of Danville was cited for receiving stolen property.