City names Roush to Economic Development Authority
Published 9:37 am Wednesday, July 26, 2023
BY LANCE GAITHER
During the Danville City Commission meeting on July 10, the delegation appointed John Roush to the Economic Development Authority.
Email newsletter signup
Roush was the 20th president of Centre College, serving from 1998 until his retirement in 2020. He previously served as the chairman and president of the EDA. He holds a bachelor’s degree in English from Ohio University’s Honor College and earned his master’s and doctorate from Miami University. He was a captain in the U.S. Army.
In other news from the meeting, the commission approved the following ordinances and resolutions:
• Ordinance 2016 – The second reading for a zoning change of 2.42 acres at 60 Westridge Drive from industrial business development to light industrial.
• Ordinance 2017 – The second reading for a zoning change of 12.006 acres at 0 Baughman Ave. from 2 family housing to single family housing.
• Ordinance 2018 – The second reading for a zoning change of .23 acres at 496 and 498 Dillehay St. from industrial business development to central business.
• Ordinance 2019 – The second reading of the compensation plan of city employees for the 2024 fiscal year.
• Ordinance 2020 – The first reading of a supplement ordinance for Danville’s code of ordinances.
• Resolution 2023-07-10-01 – The commission has appointed city clerk Ashley Raider to act as a FEMA coordinator for the city.
• Resolution 2023-07-10-02 – The city has officially put in place the rules that American Express requires to process payments from city customers. These rules act to protect the card and personal information of customers.
• Resolution 2023-07-10-03 – A 1 year maintenance contract with AK Associates who provide the Danville 911 Center’s call taking and 911 lines in total of $38,300.
• Resolution 2023-07-10-04 – A contract with AK Associates to provide the Danville 911 Center hardware and software support in total $14,935.74.
• Resolution 2023-07-10-05 – A contract with Bluegrass ADD to provide quarterly mapping and address updates to the Danville 911 Center for $10,000.
• Resolution 2023-07-10-06 – A contract with Applied Digital Solutions to provide recording services to the Danville 911 Center for $7,866.61.