Lil’ Cherubs sale raises $19,000 for the community
Published 12:47 am Monday, September 4, 2023
By Lance Gaither
The Lil’ Cherubs Consignment Sale was held on Aug. 25 and raised $19,000 for various charities and ministries that support women, children and families.
Email newsletter signup
“The organizations we raise money for are local so we see a lot of what is contributed go back to the community which is really awesome,” said Lil’ Cherubs committee member Kylee Overing.
Sellers offer up gently used clothing, toys and even furniture at the sale and they keep 70 percent of the revenue generated by sales with the remaining 30 percent being donated. This year’s event generated nearly $59,000 in total sales.
“It was really good sale for us,” Overing said. “We didn’t quite beat the numbers from spring, but it was still a really good sale.”
The sale is hosted by Danville’s Centenary Methodist Church.
“We support a lot of the church’s organizations like their youth group and summer camp,” Overing said. “We contribute to several others, Kendall and Friends, Kids Hope, the Family Resource Center, and schools in the surrounding area and several others.”
Overing explained that the current economy both helps and hurts the sale.
“The cost of the items, you can see that is has gone up,” Overing said. “It does help us raise more money to give but it can’t be used for as many things. Every dollar counts. The organizations and things we donate to, their cost have gone up as well. We just try to help and make an impact on as many places as we can.”
The Lil’ Cherubs Consignment Sale is a bi-annual event with the next one scheduled for March 8-9 next year. More information for sellers and volunteers can be found at lilcherubs.org.
“Volunteers get to shop early which is really awesome for a lot of our sellers,” Overing said. “The sellers there aren’t trying to make money, they are there clean out their closets while helping raise money for charity.”