BCHS students completed governors programs
Published 11:00 am Monday, October 2, 2023
By Fiona Morgan
A group of Boyle County High School students were recognized at the Boyle Board of Education meeting on Sept. 21 for participating in governors programs.
Email newsletter signup
Superintendent Mark Wade recognized the students for their hard work. During the meeting, students shared what they learned and how the experience was valuable. Several students said they learned a lot that they might not have otherwise, they wouldn’t trade the experience, and said they’d recommend the programs to others.
Each program is several weeks long. The programs pick students from around the state to participate, and the students said the programs are hard to get into.
The following students participated in the following programs:
• Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs: Alexander Toth and Katie Qualls.
• Governor’s School for the Arts: Demani Bell- Musical Theatre and Emily Warinner- Visual Art.
• Governor’s Scholars Program: Daniel Asher, Cannon Bostick, Kamryn Gesin, Andie Glasscock, Nancy Haddad, Zuri Mitchell, Anne Perry, Lance Slone, Annabelle Tarter.
• Commonwealth Honors Academy: Samuel Harless.
• College Board National Recognition Program Awardees:
Alex Smith, Andie Glasscock, Annabelle Tarter, Benjamin Gilbert, ColemanStewart, Connor Young, Daniel Asher, Daniel Leber, Ethan Drake, Kaitlyn Qualls, Kamryn Gesin, Mason Lee, Mason Young, Samuel Harless, Sean Guiney, Sophia Hatfield, Zuri Mitchell.