Police cite driver on multiple drug charges
Published 9:00 am Friday, October 6, 2023
Danville Police recently performed a welfare check on an individual inside a vehicle at Gaudalajara restaurant. During the investigation officers located suspected methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Rebecca Haney, 44, was cited and released on multiple narcotic related charges.
• Police responded to the area of the Danville Bypass for an intoxicated subject. An intoxicated male was found walking along the Danville bypass at 1:50 a.m. The adult male refused to identify himself and was lodged in the Boyle County Detention Center as John Doe.
• Police conducted a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle around Duncan Hill Road. During the investigation police said marijuana and a concealed handgun were found. A 17-year-old juvenile and 15-year-old juvenile were charged with possession of a handgun by a minor, the 17-year-old also was charged with possession of marijuana.
Email newsletter signup
• Police responded to Walmart for a trespassing complaint. Police said Kelsey Hopkins, 25, had been previously trespassed from Walmart property. Hopkins was cited by police for criminal trespassing.
• Police investigated an employee theft from Denyo Manufacturing. During the investigation officers responded to Minors Branch Road. Some of the stolen property was located and recovered. The suspect, 32-year-old Joshua Sargent, was charged with theft.
• Police responded to a domestic situation. During the investigation police said 22-year-old Devonte Henderson began causing a disturbance. He was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct.
• Police responded to Walmart for a trespassing complaint. Stephanie Carrier, 27, had been previously trespassed from Walmart property, police said. Carrier was located and cited by police for criminal trespassing.
• Police responded to Walmart for a shoplifting complaint. Victoria Perkins, 28, concealed merchandise inside her purse and attempted to exit the store without paying for items valued at $458.28, police said. Perkins had been previously trespassed from the property. Perkins was charged with burglary.
• Police responded to a report of a disoriented male in the area of War Admiral. Officers located Scott Haltom, 63, who they say was attempting go into a close business. Haltom was arrested and charged with alcohol intoxication in public.
• Police responded to a domestic situation. During the investigation 22-year-old Devonte Henderson attempted to flee out the back door of the residence, said police. Henderson was ordered to stop multiple times, police said, and was taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct and fleeing/evading police.