Three injured in crash at 127/Perryville Road intersection

Published 2:09 pm Friday, February 23, 2024


Three people were injured in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Highway 127 and Perryville Road on Sunday, Feb. 18.

Email newsletter signup

Danville Police responded to the scene around 4 p.m. Officer Gervacio arrived on scene and saw two vehicles in the field on the northeast corner of the intersection, according to the collision report.

Mikaela Buford, 24, of Lancaster, was driving a 2012 Dodge Durango going north on the 127 bypass, and collided with a 2011 Dodge Avenger traveling east from Perryville Road.

According to the report, witnesses said that the north and south lanes on 127 had the green light, and that the Dodge Avenger ran the red light on Perryville Road. Witnesses saw the Dodge Durango flip multiple times before coming to a rest in the field.

The Dodge Avenger was driven by Georgia Cash, 18, of Mannsville. According to the report, Cash told Gervacio that the collision was her fault.

“Cash advised she was talking to her passenger and did not notice that she was about to come to a stop light. Cash advised she realized that the light was red and sped up in order to clear the intersection. Cash advised that she entered the intersection when her vehicle was t-boned,” the report states.

Cash, her passenger Amethst Colvin, and Buford were all treated on scene by EMS, then transported to Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center.

Gervacio spoke with Buford at EMRMC, who said she was traveling north on the bypass and had a green light.

“Buford advised that she noticed a vehicle out of the corner of her eye that appeared to also be entering the intersection from Perryville Road Eastbound. Buford advised she closed her eyes and did not remember the collision. Buford advised the last thing she remembered was trying to get out of the vehicle after it came to a rest.”

Both vehicles were towed due to being disabled. Police said the involved parties were treated and released from the hospital.

There was no suspected alcohol use, and road conditions were dry at the time.